I got my first CSA box from Siembra Farms this weekend, and it's beautiful.
this week's box:
- a bunch of Japanese eggplants
- a bag full of mini bell peppers and some banana peppers
- one lovely Calabaza pumpkin
- two heads of lettuce
- one head of bok choy
- Hakurei turnips
- Shunkyo radishes
- two little cucumbers
- a bag of baby Asian greens mix
- a bag of arugula
- and some roselles (hibiscus) that make delicious tea
meal planning preliminary thoughts
Ooo, I can make that eggplant sushi from Kansha. Probably with some soup. And I could pickle the radishes or the turnips!
Pumpkin... tricky. Maybe soup? Or I could roast it.
Definitely going to stir-fry some of those peppers and have others in salads.
Not a huge fan of arugula in salad - maybe I'll add it to a soup or stir fry.
More about this week's cooking plans and results to come...